*** The reunion is only 14 months away - it's time to get our numbers up and show this reunion committee some support. Let's see what we can get our numbers to before July 31, 2014.
*** La réunion est seulement 14 mois de suite - il est temps de prendre nos numéros et montrer ce comité de réunion un certain soutien. Voyons ce que nous pouvons obtenir nos numéros à avant le 31 Juillet 2014.
*** Blogging is an interesting activity - kind of like writing a book!
It appears that we have 8 members, but we have had over 1200 hits and that does not count those of us that are contributing to this blog. Now how does that work? We must have a lot of "private" members and their names and info does not show up on the blog.
It's been an exciting week with Canada Day and now the 4th of July. Have a great weekend.
*** Bloguer est une activité intéressante - un peu comme écrire un livre!
Il semble que nous avons 8 membres, mais nous avons eu plus de 1200 coups sûrs et qui ne compte pas ceux d'entre nous qui contribuent à ce blog. Maintenant, comment ça marche? Nous devons avoir beaucoup de membres «privés» et leurs noms et d'informations ne s'affiche pas sur le blog.
Il a été une semaine excitante avec la fête du Canada et maintenant le 4 Juillet. Ayez un grand week-end.
Estimated size of Group -‐ to date 60 committed (not including numerous families from Ontario & Quebec)
Size of group usually determines the length of the reunion.
DATE: September 15 extend it to September 14? Friday, September 11 - Sunday, September 13
CHOOSE THE LOCATION
Downtown Montreal or see attached file of Churches and Cemeteries area
Joanne will check on the location Montreal/Laval area
• Laval could be more suitable due to facilities and accommodation. • Individuals can tour Montreal before or after the reunion • Work with travel group if we have the numbers? • Beaconsfield Golf clubhouse can be booked through travel agents Aunt • http://www.beaconsfieldgolfclub.ca/index.php?lang=en
• Community Hall (check with food rules including services)
• Hotel Banquet room (check on catering)
• Joanne will call and ask about this
• Hotels, campgrounds etc.
Joanne - look into hotels and campgrounds, etc.
• Joyce might look into others – without the knowledge of the area Joyce found it hard to research
Compile list of family members, addresses of relatives
• Laverne – updating e-mail addresses
Scheduling and fund raising?
• Family quilt? - Carol - of family pictures
• Each family is invited to do a family tree quilt (or something that signifies their own family) (collage) and raffle at the banquet licensing for 50/50 in Montreal? Jody
• Silent Auction?
• Update from Expedia Travel Agents – Kathy and Mike
Arrange bus tours ???
• Include reunion results in the Guindon Newsletter, Blog and Facebook
Facebook has some glitches with groups
ENTERTAINMENT: French entertainment?
Carol will be performing on violin
NEXT ON LINE REUNION MEETING DATE: 4 pm July 7 2014