It feels like spring is finally here! The crocuses are blooming in the sand hills and the snow is almost gone. The farmers have begun to work the fields and the calves, lambs, kids and foals are arriving!
Mother's day is just a few days away.
I'm looking forward to our Guindon/Yandeau reunion. It's hard to believe it's less than 3 months away.
Here is a quick update:
- We are getting together at the Westlock Inn & Conference Center on July 27, 28 & 29, 2012
- Book your rooms at the Westlock Inn. Let them know you are part of the Guindon/Yandeau reunion or the Guindon 2000 Association and get the special rate of $79.95+ tax. With a maximum of 2 Adult Breakfast vouchers per room per night. The Inn is located at 10411-100St or the intersection of Highway 18 and 44.Call 1-888-768-9959 or 1.780.349.4483 or http://www.westlockinn.com/
- Camping is available at the Mountie Park Campground in Westlock, 9603-100 St, west of the Westlock Inn on highway 18. For more info call 1.780.349.6677. Or your can park your RV on the south/east of the Inn parking lot.
- The golf scramble will be in the morning of July 28 at the Westlock Golf. Who is golfing? Have you decided if your are golfing 9 or 18 holes? Make sure to fill out your registration forms ASAP. If you have any questions send us an email at email@example.com or phone Blaine at 1.780.723.3063 or http://www.westlockgolf.com/index.php
- Are you inviting your family or friends from the Westlock area to our Sunday Brunch? Let them know and fill out the registration form for the Sunday brunch and send it and a cheque to Mary.
- Check out our photographers website at: www.portraitsphotographyandframing.caMarcie's photography is definitely professional quality and her rates a very reasonable. Marcie and a second photographer will be on site Saturday from 1 – 3pm. We will have a group picture and the different generations and groups of cousins. Marcy's will also be doing family photos – Mom and Dad, children and the family group.
- Genealogy Library & Photos will be set up to learn more about what programs our families are using and what is out there to make family history easier. Plus a place to bring family photos that you may need more information on – who is it and/or where are they. The Inn has a great wireless system, so bring your laptop with your family history. We will also have computers set up to share the programs we are using.
I love how Laverne put this in her newsletter “ ...We are all volunteers in a labor of love, donating time, money, knowledge, and part of our sanity to make a weekend in July an enjoyable and enriching occasion ...”
“Our reunion goal is to create a pleasant and informative weekend, where we can meet many Guindon connections, sort out relationships, appreciate our roots, renew acquaintances at a minimal but realistic cost.”
I have just emailed this to one of our translators, so the French translation will be posted soon.
If you don't have a copy of the GUINDON NEWSLETTER with the Reunion Registration you can print it from this BLOG, go to the REGISTRATION PAGE and find the link in English or French or send an EMAIL request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you a registration form.
PS. ~ CHECK THE BLOG LATER FOR FURTHER UPDATES ON THE T-SHIRTS AND WESTLOCK ATTRACTIONS, ETC.
IMPORTANT EMAIL INFORMATION: IF YOU ARE EMAILING US THE ABOVE EMAIL LINKS PLEASE CHECK TO SEE THAT YOU ARE SENDING IT FROM THE EMAIL YOU USE, BECAUSE THE DEFAULT EMAIL IS NOT ALWAYS THE ONE YOU USE, SO MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU WANT US TO USE IN THE EMAIL.